Dear John Clarke Community,
I want to start by saying Thank You all for your amazing support during this
unprecedented time. The residents of the nursing center were thrilled by response to
the Mother’s Day Parade. We had so many families and friends come by to wave hello.
The Rhode Island Department of Health has asked us to test all residents and staff
every 10-14 days. Our third round of testing will be next Tuesday, and the National
Guard will be here to help administer the tests. I will send out a communication
via VoiceFriend when we have the times scheduled. We were very grateful for the
National Guard’s assistance during the last round and are happy that they will be on
site again next week. We have the fourth round of testing tentatively scheduled for
We continue to follow the Department of Health’s and CDC’s recommended measures to protect your loved ones,
our staff and community by:
• Restricting visitors with exceptions only to immediate end of life care, physicians and diagnostic clinicians.
• Screening all staff for signs and symptoms of COVID twice per day
• Screening residents twice a day including temperature and respiratory assessment by licensed staff.
• Quarantining new admissions for 14 days in our designated quarantine area.
• Disinfecting the center including high-touch areas such as doorknobs, bedside tables, light switches, handrails, sinks and
bathrooms frequently day and night.
• Ensuring adequate supplies of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) -gloves, masks, face shields, and gowns.
• Monitoring for new guidance from state and federal officials
• Practicing social distancing and using proper hand hygiene.
• I will send out any immediate updates regarding COVID-19 via VoiceFriend.
On a more joyful note, I am very pleased to announce that Tara Kuthan, NHA, Director of Social Services, has been promoted to
Assistant Administrator. In her new capacity, she will continue to over see the psychosocial needs of our community and she
will also assume responsibility for the recreation department and chaplain services. Please join me in congratulating Tara on
her well deserved promotion! I wish you all a peaceful and healthy late Spring!
Joan M. Woods9